Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sleepless in Reedy Creek

One of the most frustrating things that has come about with the arrival of my Multiple Sclerosis is that the insomnia I have always had battles with seems to have gained steam. Sometimes the waking up after having laid down for an hour isn't so bad, I get up and do laundry or general housework so sometimes I make good use of my time...but sometimes I just click thru the TV channels or go surf the web.
The last time I was in to see Dr. Jeffrey he prescribed me Restoril...I have tried it on several occasions and so far I haven't had any luck with it. So this afternoon I called and spoke with his nurse and she's going to get with him and see about getting me on something else. I really don't want to have to take anything but this getting an hour or two here and there and tossing and turning and being up and down all night is not much fun.
The dogs (Duke, Dixie and Daisy) used to get up and wander thru the house with me but they have decided it's much better to just slide over into my spot and wait for my return
I have tried every natural sleep aid you can think of...lavender scent in the room...a warm soak befor bed..physical activity...and it seems even when I am exhausted and thinking "oh yes i am going to sleep good tonite" I will rest really good for that first hour or two and then BAM! I wake up and that's pretty much the only quality rest I will have that night.

So we'll see what the nurse says when she calls me back...hopefully we'll find something that works!

No comments: